- Event Date Start: 2020-07-09
- Event Start Time: 09:00
Join us for a healthy discussion on End of Life Planning at a Death Café. Find out about a range of different services available in the MidCoast region and be part of a community wide discussion about pre planning, death and loss.
Over coffee and cake we break down the barriers and start informal conversations that a decade ago may not have been considered acceptable or appropriate. Some of our quest speakers joining in on our discussions include Shane McLeay ‘bestselling author’, Beth Anderson ‘Rest Assured’, Great Lakes Palliative Care, National Australian Loss & Grief Centre, Manning Valley Push for Palliative Care, The Men’s Shed etc.
In the MidCoast region Death Cafés will be held 5 – 15 August at:
- Tea Gardens Library, Monday 5 August, 10.30am - 12pm
- Taree, Manning Regional Art Gallery, Tuesday 6 August, 10.30am – 12pm
- Gloucester, Arts and Cultural Gallery, Thursday 8 August, 10.30am – 12pm
- Stroud Library, Monday 12 August, 10.30am - 12pm
- Harrington, Multi-function Centre, Tuesday 13 August, 10.30am - 12pm
- Forster Library, Thursday 15 August, 2.30pm – 4pm.
Attending a Death Café event locally is free, and RSVPs are not required. To learn more about Dying to Know Day, visit www.dyingtoknowday.org
MidCoast Council – Cemeteries Team
Cemeteries Team Leader – Kimm Christie – 02 6592 5215 - email