Article by Nathan Summers, Blue Mountain City Council
Council has developed a draft Cemeteries Policy which is now on exhibition for public comment.
The draft Cemeteries Policy provides guidance on management issues which have required addressing including,
• Burial placements and licences. This includes direction for new burials to be placed next to existing ones, limiting to burial licences per person, and placing a 25 year limit to unused licences, with the option for renewal.
• Scattering of Ashes.
• Monumental work in cemeteries.
• Maintenance of Significant Historic Graves.
Any input and feedback on the draft Cemeteries Policy is welcome.
The draft Cemeteries Policies document is attached. Further information is available from Council’s on-line consultation site at www.bluemountainshaveyoursay.com.au.
Written comments on the Draft Cemeteries Policies, marked ‘Submission: Draft Cemeteries Policy – File F00787, can be submitted by:
• Post: The General Manager, Blue Mountains City Council, Locked Bag 1005, Katoomba NSW 2780
• Fax: Blue Mountains City Council, att. Records: Draft Cemeteries Policy – 02 4780 5555
• Deliver: Katoomba or Springwood Council offices
Comments must be received by Wednesday 11 December 2013.
For further information please contact:
Recreation Development Officer
Blue Mountains City Council
Ph: (02) 4780 5573