The NSW Government has launched a new plan and resources to support public space managers in their efforts amid COVID-19.
The COVID Safe Summer Plan has five components aligned to the current public health orders:
- Mark out safe distancing in parklands and popular open spaces
- Promote the ‘keep a towel length between you’ campaign
- Deliver a COVID-Safe summer program of events in parklands and public spaces
- Support local businesses in high streets, plazas and precincts
- Work with councils
The COVID Safe Summer Plan also aims to support local businesses by encouraging more outdoor dining in the lead up to Christmas-New Year and the summer months.
The COVID Safe Summer webpage on the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment website includes the following resources for download:
2. COVID Safe Summer Guide plus five attachments:
- New Local - hidden gems of less known public spaces that local communities can walk and cycle to
- Case Studies - a selection of local and international ‘case studies’ that demonstrate COVID Safe measures currently being undertaken
- Resources - a guide for public space managers including insights and links to help keep the community stay safe during the pandemic
- Beach Messages - a quick tool for public space managers so they can support local communities with COVID Safety around water
- How To Guide: Marking Out Places for People – a quick tool for public space managers on how to mark out places for people