We have received advice from NSW Wales Health about recent and further changes to the Public Health Order (#3)
Reflecting on the good progress made by the community in limiting the spread of COVID-19, as of Sunday 14 June 2020, an exemption has been granted to the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order (No 3) 2020, in relation to funeral services, memorial service, and gatherings immediately after a funeral or memorial service. Please refer to the exemption and the Public Health Order for further information and details of conditions.
Under the exemption:
- The general limit of 50 people at funerals, memorial services or a gathering immediately after a funeral or memorial service has been removed. Rather, the maximum number of people permitted on non-residential premises will be determined by the 4 square metre rule provided that the occupier develops and complies with a COVID-19 safety plan (see see COVID-19 Safety Checklist for funerals, memorial services and wakes ) that addresses the matters in the checklist for funerals approved by the Chief Health Officer
- If a place of public worship, a funeral premises or crematorium would be prevented from having more than 50 people as a result of the 4 square metre rule, they can have up to 50 people for a funeral, memorial service or a gathering immediately after a funeral or memorial service provided that the occupier takes reasonable steps to ensure persons, who are not members of the same household, maintain a distance of 1.5 metres.
The relevant person for the service or gathering must also:
- record and keep the name and contact details (either a phone number or email address) of every person including staff, customers and contractors, entering their premises for a period of at least 28 days
- ensure the information recorded is stored confidentially and securelyand only used for the purpose of tracing COVID-19 infections
- on request, provide the information to the Chief Health Officer.
For further information, please visit:
- Public Health Orders page - https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/public-health-orders.aspx
- COVID-Safety Plans page - www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/industry-guidelines
- What you can and can’t do under the rules page - https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/what-you-can-and-cant-do-under-rules/changes
Public Health Emergency Operations Centre
100 Christie Street, St Leonards, New South Wales 2065