Cemetery/Crematorium Assistant (AS117 AS118)
This is an opportunity for committed and motivated individuals who take pride in their work to join the Parks and Strategic Operations Team in the role of a Cemetery/Crematorium Assistant located at Wagga’s Lawn Cemetery and Crematorium.
- Two (2) Permanent Full-Time Positions Available.
- Commencing salary at $2,123.58 gpf with the opportunity to progress to $2,548.30 gpf + superannuation.
- Generous leave entitlements.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
Your new role:
This position is responsible for the provision of quality service in the establishment and maintenance of Council’s Lawn Cemetery, Monumental Cemeteries and Crematorium.
Duties of the position include but are not limited:
- Operation and maintenance of crematorium equipment and plant;
- Grave excavation and backfilling;
- Assembly and placement of memorials;
- General gardening, maintenance, irrigation, and chemical application.
What you will need to succeed:
We are looking for someone with:
- Qualifications relevant to the role e.g. Certificate II in Horticulture/Green keeping;
- A current Construction Induction Training Card (White card);
- A current MR drivers’ licence is desirable;
- A current AQF III Chemical Safety Certificate is desirable;
- A demonstrated ability to communicate with compassion and empathy; and
- A genuine interest in the presentation of Council’s Cemetery and a focus on Work Health and Safety are essential to the role.
Wagga Wagga (informally called Wagga) is a major regional city in the Riverina region of New South Wales, Australia. Straddling the Murrumbidgee River, with an urban population of more than 56,000 as of June 2018, Wagga Wagga is the state's largest inland city, and is an important agricultural, military, and transport hub of Australia. The ninth largest inland city in Australia, Wagga Wagga is located midway between the two largest cities in Australia—Sydney and Melbourne—and is the major regional centre for the Riverina and South West Slopes regions.
What is next?
Applications close Monday, 1 November 2021 @ midnight AEST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 8 November 2021.
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Michael Gleeson on 02 6926 9312 or 0408 476 650.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://wagga.pulsesoftware.com/Pulse/jobs
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
Council is an inclusive employer. We strive to reflect the community in which we work, as a result we welcome and encourage applications from skilled people from all walks of life. This includes women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with a disability, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience and people of all ages.