CCANSW member Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries NSW has a vacancy for a Cemetery Service Operator.
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to fulfil a critical role in the process of cremation, coordination of the delivery of ashes as required by our customer care team and the use and general maintenance of the crematorium equipment according to manufacturer’s directions and SMCNSW’s safety and operating procedures. Whilst this role is very rewarding, you must feel comfortable working in a sensitive environment, often isolating and regularly being exposed to the grieving process.
The successful applicant will:
- Possess attention to detail, organisational skills and ability to maintain a high standard of professionalism at all times
- Previous experience in minor Landscape construction works such as rock and family garden creation highly desirable
- You will need to capable to learn the online Cemetery Management System and become proficient in looking up records and recording of tasks and actions within the system
- Have the ability to work overtime as required
- The physical strength to perform heavy lifting and general maintenance duties for extended periods
- An ability to use tools, machinery and equipment to undertake and maintain crematorium services. (This may include appropriate licensing/certificates of competency)
- A willingness to work autonomously and cooperatively as part of a team
- Takes pride in its workmanship and contribution to excellence in customer service
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Possess a positive can-do attitude
- Have a proven excellent attendance history, be reliable, trustworthy and presentable
- Enjoy working in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries NSW (SMCNSW) is a community-based organisation, committed to serving the needs of our communities. Formed in March 2012, SMCNSW is responsible for the care and maintenance of Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park (established in 1893) and Woronora Memorial Park (established in 1895) and providing memorial services to the community.
Our commitment to professional, personalised care, new thinking, modern sustainable burials, innovative memorials for ashes and special memories makes SMCNSW a leading provider of services to honour and celebrate your loved one’s life.
Woronora Memorial Park (WMP), located in Sutherland is currently seeking a mature, confident and positive Crematorium Operator to join their team. This role will see you form part of the WMP Cremations team which is responsible for providing care and excellence in cremation services